Why is it important to ensure my child is attending school?
There are many reasons why it’s important for your child to be at school within term time:
- Regular school attendance is vital in ensuring that children maximise the educational opportunities available to them.
- It is also an important element in keeping your child safe.
- Statistics and research tell us that non-attendance impacts upon children’s abilities to achieve Expected+ Levels in their End of Key Stage 2 SATs examinations at the end of Year 6.
- Attending school regularly also reduces anti-social behaviour and reduces poor attitudes in behaviour for learning.
What can I do to help with my child’s attendance?
To help your child’s attendance as well as adhere to the new Penalty Notice Code of Conduct you can:
- Send your child to school on time every day.
- If your child is unwell, contact the school on the first day of absence and return your child to school as soon as possible.
- Make sure your child knows you do not approve of them missing school.
- Take holidays during school holidays.
- Talk to staff as soon as any issues arise.
Full details of our policy on attendance is available below.
(Pdf Thumbnail to attendance policy)
Pdf Thumbnail to Iqra’s attendance traffic light system